Have you had any experience working in a Japanese cuisine kitchen? Japanese Cuisine and Food Culture Human Resource Development Program with support from the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan are inviting non-Japanese chefs who are serious in learning Japanese cuisine to join a training program in Japan.
The training program consists of Japanese language training and basic Japanese culinary training followed by practical restaurant training in the premium Japanese cuisine and sushi restaurants in Japan altogether for eight months.
The participants who wish to acquire rightful knowledge and skills of Japanese cuisine in the program are expected to promote the magnificence of Japanese cuisine, food culture and Japan-produced ingredients throughout the world.
- Submit application form by 23:59, Tue., 15 May, 2018.
- Final participants selected by end of May, 2018.
- Arrival to Japan on 1st July, 2018.
- Training period: 2nd July, 2018 to end of February, 2019.
Expense to be supported by the Program
- Flight round ticket expense home country to/from Japan
- Tuition for the Japanese language school and culinary school
- Accommodation cost for staying in Japan
Conditions for Participation in the Program
- Non-Japanese (Foreign citizen) living in Japan or abroad
- Over age of 18 upon arrival to Japan
- Graduate of culinary schools and/or have the experience working in Japanese cuisine kitchen.
- Having language proficiency (both written and spoken) in English and/or in Japanese
- Having financial ability to support own living in Japan during the program, outside what are supported by the program
- Upholding courtesy, integrity, good manners, good discipline and respect for the needs of others
- Having physical/spiritual health
- Having basic knowledge and skills of cooking and active motivation for learning Japanese cuisine
- Having feasibility of participating in all courses of the program
- Plans of engaging in profession that contributes to promoting Japanese cuisine, food culture and Japan-produced ingredients after participating in the program